Monday, July 10, 2006

How its goin'

Well.. It's going, alright. I'm doing pretty good overall, with not eating any HFCS. It's not incredibly hard. The hardest part I think is just finding the food without HFCS. Also, if you're a fan of soda or iced tea (Turkey Hill is the best, by the way), then it's incredibly hard. I did find some grapefruit soda (my favorite kind) without any corn syrup in it, so I was happy about that. Today I went shopping, and got some orange juice, salad, grapes, and yogurt. Even the yogurt that I foud was HFCS free.
I came home, and decided to try to make a grape dressing for my salad, since most salad dressings have HFCS. I blended the grapes, and added some vinegar, spices and honey. It wasn't too bad, but i think I'll work on the recipe a bit more before putting it up here :-).

I found this web site, put up by the "Corn Refiners Association." What it says doesn't jive with that other article I read. It looks like people are coming out on both sides of this, including researchers. Some are saying that HFCS is a direct cause of rising obesity rates, while others say that is BS. Who knows?

But it's hard for me to trust an industry's web site. It's public relations. It will not provide balanced coverage of both sides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home